Saturday, August 09, 2008

Tiny Dancer






Ali had her first dance class today - she's taking pre-ballet and pre-tap. She took a workshop this summer, so she'd had a taste of both classes. Ali was thrilled when a couple of the girls from the summer workshop arrived for her class. When her teacher came out to lead her into the classroom, Ali gave me a hug (at my request, not because she was being clingy), took her teacher's hand, and eagerly followed her teacher, Jennifer, into the classroom.

After her lesson, Ali and I met my parents at Milwaukee Wiener for lunch - then Ali and I stopped at TCBY for some frozen yogurt. It was a very nice mother/daughter afternoon - I think this may become a Saturday post-dance ritual for the two of us.

2 comments:

TAV said...

Silly Missy

Barb Nelson said...

Such fun!! My DD started dance classes this summer too. She liked it enough for me to sign her up for the full year deal. I hope is goes as well for us as it did for you!!