Friday, October 03, 2008

The Story on that AWESOME cake!

I've received so many compliments on the Lighting McQueen cake I wanted to tell you about the talented lady responsible for it!

This is my friend, Mandy - I "met" her on the Scraproom message board and she only lives about 30 miles from me. This past summer, Mandy posted some pictures on the MB of beautiful wedding cakes. She included a picture of the groom's cake, which was a car, and commented how she makes a Lighting McQueen cake, too. RIGHT AWAY I sent her a message asking if she could make a cake for Jack and Will's 2nd birthday. We sent messages back and forth and last Friday, the day before the big birthday bash, Mandy brought the cake to me at work. Ladies and gentlemen, here she is!!!



Amazing job, don't you think? Thanks, Mandy, for making Jack and Will's birthday celebration SOOOO special! I'm going to have to have you brainstorm for Ali's birthday...right now, she's saying SHE wants a Lighting McQueen cake, too.

No comments: